Carroll Creek and Downtown Scenes
Carroll Creek Park began as a flood control project in late 1970s – an effort to remove downtown Frederick from the 100-year floodplain and restore economic vitality to the historic commercial district. Today, more than $150 million in private investing is underway or planned in new construction, infill development or historic renovation along the Park.
The City of Frederick was founded in 1745 by German settlers.
Evangelical Lutheran Church. One of the “clustered spires” mentioned in the poem “Barbara Frietchie” by John Greenleaf Whittier.
“The clustered spires of Frederick stand / Green-walled by the hills of Maryland.”
“The Edge of Gravity.” This is actually painted on the wall by William Cochran.
A cigar store Indian.
Isabella’s outside tables
Bird on the window sill. A detail from the wall painting below.
Another cigar store Indian.
Window with bird.
This is actually painted on the wall.
All Saints Episcopal Church.
Another one of the “clustered spires” mentioned in the poem “Barbara Frietchie” by John Greenleaf Whittier.